12 August 2012

-:- weekending

This weekend we ignored any housekeeping that needed to be done
and prioritized a few other things instead.

Like being with our dog.
And a special furniture refinishing project.
(More about both of those things later this week.)

And making good food.

On Saturday, I made a vegan fettucini alfredo with shitake mushrooms, capers, and baked tofu.
It was pretty amazing.


Then I made up for all that healthy eating with a blueberry cream pie.
Which actually wasn't horribly unhealthy for us - it was, after all, made mostly of blueberries.


So despite Mr.'s sawdust-covered legs,
my paint-covered hands,
our messy house,
and Louie's boundless energy,
we ate very well this weekend.

I think we had our priorities straight all along.

xox



1 comment:

  1. I noticed you pinned those recipes last week. They both look so good!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thanks for saying hi!