28 November 2012

-:- yarn along - same project, same book

I feel like I've been away from this space for quite some time, even though it's only been about a week. We had such a wonderful, relaxing Thanksgiving weekend and I promise to write more about that in the next few days. But first, a yarn along post, with Ginny.


I am in the final stretch of my secret project - hopefully I will be able to reveal all next week. With that other yarn in the basket, I will make a secret hat to accompany the secret project on its way to its secret recipient. I didn't want the secret project to get secretly lonely in a box all by itself - and I wanted to make sure a certain secret noggin would be nice and toasty this winter too. 


I'm also still reading Divergent with my book club group. I would recommend it to you as someone who was a big fan of the Hunger Games, with the caveat that it's not quite as good, but still worth a read. I think the main difference for me is that the action in Divergence started happening almost right away, without giving me a good chance to know the characters or get really invested in their stories.

And that's okay - as we go through the book, the characters are obviously getting more and more developed, and I really like the story.


Of course, a big discussion in my book club is what faction each of us would be in if we had to choose.  For me, it's kind of a no-brainer - I would have to go with Amity - although I wonder what the initiation for that faction would look like? It's probably full of laughter and compliments.

That's how I roll.

xox


P.S. What's your favorite holiday book? I love A Christmas Carol and read it every year, but am looking for another one to read in the upcoming month.

16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your finished secret knitting project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt exactly the same way!! And I would be Amity too, and I did it for everyone else in the family, and I thought you would be Amity too.

    Peace, sister. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see your secret project. I loved the Hunger Games, so I'll have to put Divergent on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - I really think you'll like it!

      Delete
  4. I actually have a new favorite children's book....Penguin and Pinecone. Any knitter will absolutely ADORE this little treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check it out - thank you!

      Delete
  5. Oh secret projects are fun for me to guess! I'm guessing a hat (or mitts). Have fun knitting your secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your secret project. I have many on the go at the moment as well. :) Oh...my favourite holiday read? Little Women. I know it's not strictly Christmasy...but it depicts the holidays at a time when I would have LOVED to live. I think I shall start reading it again (for the ten-millionth time). xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the secret project. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on pins and needles - it's done now and almost on its way...I'll be able to show you soon!

      Delete
  8. can't wait to see your secret project revealed! Not much in the gifting knitting this year, so there is no pressure. Just working on a vest for me and if my daughter likes it, she said she'd like one. No sense in wasting time and yarn if she isnt excited about it!! I read any Christmas stuff, but I often pick up a couple of Christmas novellas from Christian Book Distributor in the fall and anxiously await Thanksgiving to start reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best, isn't it? Things are always much nicer when there's no pressure - for me, anyway! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thanks for saying hi!