28 October 2012

-:- weekend scenes










 This weekend we managed to get out and about a bit.
We traveled to a neat town nearby for pumpkins, antiques, and great Italian food.
We also raked our hearts out and when Mr.'s rake broke,
I was happy to hand mine over and plant bulbs instead.

We tried a horned melon and ate hobbit food for lunch.
Mr. is in the kitchen right now, making pizza for dinner.

And for as much as I wanted to finish my quilt this weekend, I just don't think it's in the cards. I'm trying to decide whether I should machine quilt it or just tie it - and I want to do a little research first. I'm leaning toward tying it because I'm not sure I want to wrangle it through my sewing machine.

Tonight and tomorrow we'll be thinking about our family and friends back East - we hope everyone stays safe and gets through Sandy alright.

xox



12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend, your lunch looks delish and that horned melon, cool. Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That horned melon was an adventure - tasted like slightly sour green grapes and maybe a little cucumber. I'm wishing you a wonderful week as well!

      Delete
  2. lovely photos of your weekend :) Eating like a hobbit sounds quite satisfying to me, but then my dog is named Frodo-but it's because of the kids and husband, I swear. I have my fingers crossed that I keep my electricity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - those kids and husband came up with the best name ever! :) I'll send you some good thoughts - hope you're faring well.

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was a great weekend. Nothing like a little yard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, it was nice to get out in the fresh air and get my hands dirty a bit! :)

      Delete
  4. Sehr windig heute!!! Gorgeous photos...if you haven't seen latest on facebook....go look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich weiß! Bleiben Sie sicher! You posted lovely pictures!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha...ich liebe euch.

      Delete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thanks for saying hi!